2022 Registration Information & Fees
You must register to attend Suwannee Banjo Camp. You may register online or by mail. We also ask you to fill in a questionnaire about your interests and playing background that will help us plan the coming Camp.
How to Register Online
Simply click on the link right below the paragraph. . . Then fill out the registration form, complete your payment and you’re in! We accept online payments by Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover Card. You may register right up until the start of camp.
Payment via Postal Mail
You’ll have the choice of filling out our registration form on line (and paying on line via credit card), or filling out a hard copy and paying by check.
To pay by mail, fill out the registration form online and when you get to the payment information, click where it says “Mail In Payment.” Then send a check or money order (made out to Suwannee Banjo Camp) to this address:
Suwannee Banjo Camp
c/o Ken Perlman
307 Bellevue St., Boston, MA, 02132
If you don’t wish to fill out the online form, then print our Printable 2022 Registration Form, fill it out and mail it to us with your check or money order.
About the Registration Questions
We ask about your interests and playing background in questionnaire form as you register to help us design our program. Your responses do NOT commit you to take any particular class or pursue any particular level of instruction.
One Price for Tuition and Meals
At SBC, a single price covers tuition and meals, but lodging must be paid for separately through Cerveny Conference Center. There are several lodging options: guest room single occupancy, guest room double occupancy, cabin bunk, RV site, tent site, and commuter. All the lodging options, and how to reserve lodging from Cerveny Conference Center are are all explained in detail on the Lodging Page.
Tuition Prices (Including Meals) for Full Camp and Weekend-Only Options
- Full Camp (from Thursday afternoon to Sunday afternoon, includes meals from Thursday dinner through Sunday lunch): $650
- Weekend-Only Option (from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon; includes meals from Friday dinner through Sunday lunch): $520
Commuter rates for tuition and meals are the same as for resident students; the only difference is that you simply do NOT need to sign up for on-site housing. This said, please be sure to check the “commuter” box on the registration form so we know that in your case lodging is not required.
Non-playing Spouses, Chaperones and Companions
Half Price!! We offer a special arrangement for non-playing spouses, chaperones and companions of registered students. The spouse/companion/chaperone pays half the regular price for tuition and meals. The spouse/chaperone/companion rate entitles them to the full meal plan and access to demonstrations, jams, and concerts. They may not attend classes. Every non-playing spouse/companion/chaperone must fill out a separate registration form.
Lodging Arrangement for Spouse/Companions. We are unable to offer a half-price arrangement re lodging at camp. Spouse companions who stay on site will have to sign up for housing separately and pay the full lodging price.
Note: we may need to limit the number of spouses and companions. If we begin to run out of space for additional registrants at Camp, we reserve the right to prioritize the admission of regular students.
Complete Non-Participants Who Reside on Site
If your spouse/companion plans to simply stay in an on-site lodging space, RV, or tent through the weekend without signing up for meals, attending concerts or having any other contact with the camp, they do NOT need to register for camp. You just need to supply us with their names and emergency contact information.
- You must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in order to attend SBC.
- We will also adhere to the best of our ability to the latest CDC recommendations re masking and social distancing during Camp.
- Here is a more complete statement of our SBC Health Protocol for 2022.
How to Reserve Your Lodging
You must reserve and pay for your lodging directly through our host, Cerveny Conference Center. Here’s the best procedure. After you register for camp, to arrange for your on-site lodging contact Cerveny Conference Center directly by phone (386-364-5250), and ask for Gina (or explain that you wish to reserve lodging for Suwannee Banjo Camp). Simply ask to reserve the type of lodging you prefer. Your options are: guest room single occupancy, guest room double occupancy, cabin bunk, RV site, or tent camping.
NOTE: YOU CAN TRY USING THE LODGING RESERVATION APP ON THE CERVENY CONFERENCE CENTER WEBSITE. In the past however, this app has been plagued with software glitches and hasn’t proved useful.
For your convenience, lodging prices are re-stated here. Note that “Full-Camp” refers to three nights’ lodging (Thursday thru Saturday) and “Weekend-Only” refers to two nights’ lodging (Friday and Saturday). A full descriptions of each kind of lodging appears on the Lodging Page.
Here are the current lodging prices, including 10% Florida Housing Tax:
- Guest Room, Single Occupancy (motel-level accommodations). Full Camp: $270; Weekend-Only: $180
- Guest Room, Double Occupancy (motel-level accommodations). Full Camp: $135; Weekend-Only: $90
- Cabin Residency (bunk beds but with indoor plumbing, a/c and heat). Full Camp: $75; Weekend-Only: $50
- RV Residency with Hookup. Full Camp: $57*; Weekend-Only: $86*
- Tent Camping Residency. Full Camp: $30*; Weekend-Only: $20*
* Note: RV charges are per vehicle; tent camping charges are per tent. If there are multiple residents in the RV or tent, only one resident pays the RV or tent rate; all additional residents simply simply pay the tuition and meals rate*
Students Under 18
Minor students may attend SBC if accompanied by a parent or other responsible adult. Parents must sign a permissions form that allows their child to attend (please contact us and ask us to send a Youth Permissions Form). If a non-parent acts as “guardian” at Camp he or she must have signed permission to do so from a parent. Parents or Camp-Guardians may register as students, but if they do not wish to fully participate in Camp they may register for SBC at the non-playing spouse, chaperone and companion rate (see above).
Students Under 18 & Our Health Protocol
All SBC attendees must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. If your child is not old enough to be vaccinated, he or she may not attend Suwannee Banjo Camp.
Paying a Tuition Deposit
Our internet sales platform requires a certain system for handling deposits and balances. If you wish to put down a $100 deposit to hold your place at camp, you just partially register at this time. During the deposit registration process, you will enter your name and email. You’ll also be asked to fill out a questionnaire, which allows you to provide us with information about your interests. When you select “Deposit Only” on the registration form, a charge for $100 will appear in your shopping cart. Once you finish the financial transaction, you will be issued a thank you email. Within a few days, you will receive a follow-up email from Suwannee Banjo Camp with a promo code for $100 which you will apply when you complete a full registration (see below).
Note: All those who have registered with a deposit must submit the remainder of their tuition by Feb. 1, 2022. All new registrations made after that date must be accompanied by payment of full tuition.
Note: When you place a tuition deposit, unless you plan to commute you must also reserve lodging through Cerveny Conference Center at Camp Weed. See details on the Lodging page.
Paying Your Tuition Balance
Once you have paid your tuition deposit and filled out your questionnaire, you are registered for Camp as far as we are concerned. To pay your balance online, however, our sales platform requires the following procedure:
- Go to the Register Here page to find our registration form. Then register for camp as if you are STARTING FROM SCRATCH, beginning with the tuition and meals package of your choice. You do NOT have to re-do the survey about your interests.
- After you select the full-tuition amount and click, you will find yourself on a second page that has a box labeled “promo code.” Enter your promo code in that box, and it the $100 deposit you’ve already paid will ultimately be deducted from your amount.
Refunds for Cancellation
It’s not news to anyone that as we launch this website there is still some uncertainty whether we’ll be able to hold Suwannee Banjo Camp safely in March of 2022.
Assuming that we are able to move forward with Suwannee Banjo Camp 2022, here is our refund policy.
- There is no penalty for cancellation until Feb. 1, 2022.
- Feb. 1-Feb. 25: students who cancel after Feb. 1 and before Feb. 25 will have $100 deducted from their tuition or deposit refunds.
- Feb. 25-March 9. We must commit to a firm meals count by Feb. 26 and have to pay for these meals whether or not a given registrant attends camp; students who cancel between Feb. 25 and March 9 will therefore have $150 deducted from their refunds.
- Students who cancel on or after March 10, 2022 (or who simply fail to appear at camp) will have $250 deducted from their tuition refund.
Here is our refund policy in the event that we need to cancel SBC 2022 due to Covid safety concerns.
- All registrants will be eligible for a full refund for tuition and meals payments – either by check or through our payment platform
- Cerveny Conference Center will also refund all lodging payments and deposits
- We hope to make a determination on whether camp can move forward two months out from our starting date, that is, by no later than Jan. 10, 2022. However, if the situation is borderline we might wait as long as Jan. 31, 2022 before making a final determination.
- If at any point our venue, Cerveny Conference Center, preempts us and decides to close down for the season for safety concerns we will immediately inform all registrants and refund all tuition and meals payments.
- Note that we have purposely made the balance-due deadline later this year (see below).
- In the event that we need to cancel the event, registrants will have the option of leaving their deposits or full payments for tuition and meals in the “system” for 2023.