2021 Camp Registration Information
Registration and Payment Details
You must register to attend Suwannee Banjo Camp. You may register online or by mail. We also ask you to fill in a questionnaire about your interests and playing background that will help us plan the coming Camp. To register, go to the Register Here page. You’ll have the choice of filling out our registration form on line (and paying on line via credit card), or filling out a hard copy and paying via Paypal or check.
Lodging Must be Reserved Separately
About the Registration Questions
We ask about your interests and playing background in questionnaire form as you register to help us design our program. Your responses do NOT commit you to take any particular class or pursue any particular level of instruction. You will also be asked to identify your future lodging preferences.
The Suwannee Banjo Camp payment platform accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover Card. You may register right up until the start of camp, depending on space. Until Feb. 1, 2021 you may reserve a place at camp either by advance payment of full tuition, or by paying a deposit of $100. After midnight on Feb. 1, 2021, all new registrations must be accompanied by payment of full tuition. All balances are also due on Feb. 1, 2021.
Special Instructions for Paying Deposits and Balances Online
Paying a Tuition Deposit
**Note: All new registrations made after Feb. 1 must be accompanied by payment of full tuition.**
If you wish to put down a $100 deposit to hold your place at camp, you just partially register at this time. During the deposit registration process, you will enter your name and email. You’ll also be asked to fill out a questionnaire, which allows you to provide us with information about your interests. When you select “Deposit Only” on the registration form, a charge for $100 will appear in your shopping cart. Once you finish the financial transaction, you will be issued a thank you email. Within a few days, you will receive a follow-up email from Suwannee Banjo Camp with a promo code for $100 which you will apply when you complete a full registration (see below).
Note: All those who have registered with a deposit must submit the remainder of their tuition by Feb. 1, 2021. Again, all new registrations made after that date must be accompanied by payment of full tuition.
Note: When you place a tuition deposit, unless you plan to commute you must also reserve lodging through Cerveny Conference Center at Camp Weed. See details on the Lodging page.
Paying Your Tuition Balance
Once you have paid your tuition deposit and filled out your questionnaire, you are registered for Camp as far as we are concerned. To pay your balance online, however, our sales platform requires the following procedure:
- Go to the Register Here page to find our registration form. Then register for camp as if you are STARTING FROM SCRATCH, beginning with the tuition and meals package of your choice. You do NOT have to re-do the survey about your interests.
- After you select the full-tuition amount and click, you will find yourself on a second page that has a box labeled “promo code.” Enter your promo code in that box, and it the $100 deposit you’ve already paid will ultimately be deducted from your amount.
Refunds for Cancellation (and Covid-19 Policy)
It’s not news to anyone that as we launch this website we’re in the midst of an international pandemic. We are keeping fingers (toes, and everything else) crossed, but at this point, no one can say for sure whether we’ll be able to hold Suwannee Banjo Camp safely in March of 2021. In any event, here is our plan and our policy.
- In the event that we need to cancel SBC 2021 due to Covid safety concerns, we will send everyone a full refund for tuition and meals payment – either by check or through our payment platform.
- Cerveny Conference Center will also refund all lodging payments and deposits
- We hope to make a determination on whether camp can move forward two months out from our starting date, that is, by Jan. 11, 2021. However, if the situation is borderline (say, for example, that a vaccine has just been introduced) we might wait as long as Jan. 31, 2021 before making a final determination.
- If at any point our venue, Cerveny Conference Center, preempts us and decides to close down for the season for safety concerns we will immediately inform all registrants and refund all tuition and meals payments.
- Note that we have purposely made the balance-due deadline later this year (see below).
- In the event that we need to cancel the event, registrants will have the option of leaving their deposits or full payments for tuition and meals in the “system” for 2022.
Assuming that we are able to move forward with Suwannee Banjo Camp. Here is our refund policy:
- There is no penalty for cancellation until Feb. 1, 2021.
- Feb. 1-Feb. 26: students who cancel after Feb. 1 and before Feb. 26 will have $100 deducted from their tuition or deposit refunds.
- Feb. 26-March 10. We must commit to a firm meals count by Feb. 26 and have to pay for these meals whether a given registrant is present or not; students who cancel between Feb. 26 and March 10 will therefore have $150 deducted from their refunds.
- Students who cancel on or after March 11, 2020 (or who simply fail to appear at camp) will have $250 deducted from their tuition refund.