2020 Camp Registration Information
Registration and Payment Details
You must register to attend Suwannee Banjo Camp. You may register online or by mail. We also ask you to fill in a questionnaire about your interests and playing background that will help us plan the coming Camp. To register, go to the Register Here page. You’ll have the choice of filling out our registration form on line (and paying on line via credit card), or filling out a hard copy and paying via Paypal or check.
Lodging Must be Reserved Separately
Important Notice on Guest Rooms. We have plenty of room in our cabins, RV park and campground, but as of 11/20/19 all Guest Rooms have been reserved. Here are some options.
- Get on the guest room waiting list (call Cerveny Conference Center and ask for Gina or Niki)
- We have plenty of beds in relatively modern cabins that have electricity, heat, air conditioning, and indoor plumbing (we now have designated male, female and couples’ cabins). For more on our cabins see the lodging page.
- If you require motel-level accommodations, we offer several off-site suggestions on our lodging page. We have a special arrangement for students at Holiday Inn Express (about a 12-minute drive); and Cerveny Conference Center has a deal with Fairfield Inn and Suites; there are quite a number of motels in relatively nearby Lake City.
- Another increasingly common lodging option these days is Airbnb.
About the Registration Questions
We ask about your interests and playing background in questionnaire form as you register to help us design our program. Your responses do NOT commit you to take any particular class or pursue any particular level of instruction. You will also be asked to identify your future lodging preferences.
The Suwannee Banjo Camp payment platform accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover Card. You may register right up until the start of camp, depending on space. Until January 12, 2020 you may reserve a place at camp either by advance payment of full tuition, or by paying a deposit of $100. After midnight on January 12, 2020, all new registrations must be accompanied by payment of full tuition. All balances are also due on January 12, 2020.
Special Instructions for Paying Deposits and Balances Online
Paying a Tuition Deposit
If you wish to put down a $100 deposit to hold your place at camp, you just partially register at this time. During the deposit registration process, you will enter your name and email. You’ll also be asked to fill out a questionnaire, which allows you to provide us with information about your interests. When you select “Deposit Only” on the registration form, a charge for $100 will appear in your shopping cart. Once you finish the financial transaction, you will be issued a thank you email. Within a few days, you will receive a follow-up email from Suwannee Banjo Camp with a promo code for $100 which you will apply when you complete a full registration (see below).
Note: All those who have registered with a deposit must submit the remainder of their tuition by January 12, 2020. Again, all new registrations made after that date must be accompanied by payment of full tuition.
Note: When you place a tuition deposit, unless you plan to commute you must also reserve lodging through the Cerveny Lodging Link. See details on the Lodging page.
Paying Your Tuition Balance
Once you have paid your tuition deposit and filled out your questionnaire, you are registered for Camp as far as we are concerned. To pay your balance online, however, our sales platform requires the following procedure:
- Go to the Register Here page to find our registration form. Then register for camp as if you are STARTING FROM SCRATCH, beginning with the tuition and meals package of your choice. You do NOT have to re-do the survey about your interests.
- After you select the full-tuition amount and click, you will find yourself on a second page that has a box labeled “promo code.” Enter your promo code in that box, and it the $100 deposit you’ve already paid will ultimately be deducted from your amount.
Here is our refund policy:
- There is no penalty for cancellation until January 12, 2020.
- January 13-Feb. 27: students who cancel between January 13 and before Feb. 27 will have $100 deducted from their tuition or deposit refunds.
- Feb. 27-March 11. We must commit to a firm meals count by Feb. 27 and have to pay for these meals whether a given registrant is present or not; students who cancel between Feb. 27 and March 11 will therefore have $150 deducted from their refunds.
- Students who cancel on or after March 12, 2020 (or who simply fail to appear at camp) will have $250 deducted from their tuition refund.