2020 Camp Tuition & Fees
One Price for Tuition and Meals
At SBC, a single price covers tuition and meals, but lodging must be paid for separately through Cerveny Conference Center. There are several lodging options: guest room single occupancy, guest room double occupancy, cabin bunk, RV site, tent site, and commuter. All the lodging options, and how to reserve lodging from Cerveny Conference Center are are all explained in detail on the Lodging Page.
Tuition Prices (Including Meals) for Full Camp and Weekend-Only Options
- Full Camp (from Thursday afternoon to Sunday afternoon, includes meals from Thursday dinner through Sunday lunch): $590
- Weekend-Only Option (from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon; includes meals from Friday dinner through Sunday lunch): $465
Note: Lodging must be paid for separately via a separate payment “platform” (see below and Lodging Page).
Commuter rates for tuition and meals are the same as for resident students; the only difference is that you simply do NOT need to sign up for on-site housing. This said, please be sure to check the “commuter” box on the registration form so we know that in your case lodging is not required.
Non-playing Spouses, Chaperones and Companions
Half Price!! We offer a special arrangement for non-playing spouses, chaperones and companions of registered students. The spouse/companion/chaperone pays half the regular price for tuition and meals. The spouse/chaperone/companion rate entitles them to the full meal plan and access to demonstrations, jams, and concerts. They may not attend classes. Every non-playing spouse/companion/chaperone must fill out a separate registration form.
Lodging Arrangement for Spouse/Companions: We are unable to offer a half-price arrangement re lodging at camp. Spouse companions who stay on site will have to sign up for housing separately and pay the full lodging price.
Note: we may need to limit the number of spouses and companions. If we begin to run out of space for additional registrants at Camp, we reserve the right to prioritize the admission of regular students.
Complete Non-Participants Who Reside on Site
If your spouse/companion plans to simply stay in an on-site lodging space, RV, or tent through the weekend without signing up for meals, attending concerts or having any other contact with the camp, they do NOT need to register for camp. You do need to supply us with their names and emergency contact information, however. You must also pay a $10 per calendar day “use fee” for each such participant, a sum that simply gets passed along to the Conference Center.
Registering and Paying for Lodging
You must reserve and pay for your lodging directly through our host, Cerveny Conference Center at Camp Weed. Here’s the procedure. First register for camp. We then send you an acknowledgement email, which also contains a Cerveny Lodging Link. Use this link to reserve and pay for you on-site lodging. All the lodging options, and how to reserve lodging from Cerveny Conference Center are are all explained in detail on the Lodging Page.
Note that “Full-Camp” refers to three nights’ lodging (Thursday thru Saturday) and “Weekend-Only” refers to two nights’ lodging (Friday and Saturday). A full descriptions of each kind of lodging appears on the Lodging Page.
For your convenience, lodging prices are re-stated here. Note that “Full-Camp” refers to three nights’ lodging (Thursday thru Saturday) and “Weekend-Only” refers to two nights’ lodging (Friday and Saturday). Full descriptions of each kind of lodging appears above.
Here are the 2019 lodging prices, including 10% Florida Housing Tax:
- Guest Room, Single Occupancy (motel-level accommodations). Full Camp: $270; Weekend-Only: $180
- Guest Room, Double Occupancy (motel-level accommodations). Full Camp: $135; Weekend-Only: $90
- Cabin Residency (bunk beds but with indoor plumbing, a/c and heat). Full Camp: $75; Weekend-Only: $50
- RV Residency with Hookup. Full Camp: $57*; Weekend-Only: $86*
- Tent Camping Residency. Full Camp: $30*; Weekend-Only: $20*
* Note: RV charges are per vehicle; tent camping charges are per tent. If there are multiple residents in the RV or tent, only one resident pays the RV or tent rate; all additional residents simply simply pay the tuition and meals rate*
- Until January 12, 2020, you may reserve a spot at Suwannee Banjo Camp with a $100 tuition deposit.
- If you reserved a spot with deposit; your tuition balances must by paid in full by January 12, 2020.
Note: Due to a feature of our payment platform, when you select “pay a deposit,” $100 will be automatically charged to your credit card. You can NOT offer to pay any other amount. If you pay by check, however, you can of course pay a deposit of any size.
Special Instructions for Students Reserving Online with a Deposit
Our internet sales platform requires a certain system for handling deposits and balances. For details, see the Registration page.
Students Under 18
Minor students may attend SBC if accompanied by a parent or other responsible adult. Parents must sign a permissions form that allows their child to attend (please contact us and ask us to send a Youth Permissions Form). If a non-parent acts as “guardian” at Camp he or she must have signed permission to do so from a parent. Parents or Camp-Guardians may register as students, but if they do not wish to fully participate in Camp they may register for SBC at the non-playing spouse/companion” rate (see above).